Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Day To Remember

What a day to remember. It was April 2010, my wife had bought me a camera for Christmas, it was a Canon 40D. I had only been photographing for 3 months and really not knowing very much about what I was doing, is all I knew is that I loved photography, and when I found this Red tailed Hawk, is all I wanted was to get the photo right, my first few shots were so bright and washed out, so I made adjustments not knowing exactly what I was adjusting, I turned this and pushed that, adjusted this and took another shot. I remember how excited I was, but even more how nervous it was knowing this will all be over soon, I have to get it right, then it happened my shots were unbelievable, to me, they were what I was looking for in a photo, and that day I started to understand what a photographer I had met had told me about the exposure reading in my view finder, Jim I don't know if your still alive. I know your cancer was getting worse and I tried many times to contact you, but with no return response so I can only guess the worse has happened you lost the battle. Because of that day we met and became friends I was able to capture this shot, Thank you. And Because of another photographer I met and became friends with and him telling me I should be shooting in RAW, this shot was shot in RAW. Joe!! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment